Gary L. Simpler
Shawe Rosenthal's co-managing partner, Gary L. Simpler, has nearly 30 years of experience in representing employers across the country in employment and labor issues. His clients represent a broad cross-section of industries and he is particularly well-known for his experience in working with employers in the health care and manufacturing sectors.
Gary is recognized as a strong advocate for employers with a major focus as a chief spokesman and strategist for management in collective bargaining negotiations. His practice includes the full breath of traditional labor issues including successfully responding to union organizational efforts, defending charges before the NLRB, representing management in arbitration proceedings, and guiding employers in regard to plant closings and relocations.
Gary also maintains an active employment practice, defending his clients in state and federal court and before federal and state administrative agencies.
Gary serves as the Shawe Rosenthal representative to the Employment Law Alliance, a worldwide coalition of preeminent labor and employment law firms serving the needs of multi-state and multi-national corporations.
An accomplished speaker and author, Gary participates in seminars on both state and national levels. His presentation, "Protecting Rights to Participate in Decision Making Through Employee Involvement Committees," was featured at an American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration seminar. He is a contributing author to The Employment Law Deskbook and NLRA Law & Practice, both published by Matthew Bender, and a co-author of Knocking Out Drugs in the Workplace and Antidrug Rules and Regulations.
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners for labor and employment in Maryland 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 2015 and 2016
- Recognized by Super Lawyer 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Recognized by Best Lawyer in America 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Gary is “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Gary received his BA in Economics from University of Maryland Baltimore County (an honors university) and his JD from the University Of Maryland School Of Law.